Sustainable Activism Campaign – Upcoming Events
1st Thursday of the Month: Sustainable Activism Webinars
Activist tips and tools to practice self-care, community care, and maintain sustainable activism by experts in the field. Register for each webinar as a separate event via links below.
- Ecofeminism, February 4, 5:00 p.m. -6:00 p.m. PST with professor, author, and activist Lisa Kemmerer
- Winning Friends and Influencing People – Strategies for Effective Activism, March 3, 5:00 p.m. -6:00 p.m. PST with vegan activist, Reiki Master, and life coach Lorrin Maughan
- “Poor Baby” Syndrome, April 7, 5:00 p.m. -6:00 p.m. PST with animal communicator, energy healer, and author Joan Ranquet
- Bearing witness and Love-Based Community Organizing as Inspired by Tolstoy, May 5, 5:00 p.m. -6:00 p.m. PST with Toronto Pig Save co-organizer Anita Krajnc
- Webinar Replays - Watch all previous webinar replays on our Sustainable Activism Webinar Playlist
2nd Thursday of the Month: Vegan Spirituality Online Gatherings
Explore veganism as a spiritual practice with co-hosts Sustainable Activism Campaign Director Lisa Levinson and “Peace to All Beings” author Judy Carman with guest speakers, group discussions, and guided meditations. Register once for this ongoing event here.
- Guest Speakers:
January 14 – Keith Akers, author of “The Lost Religion of Jesus”
February 11 – Renata Bartoli, Ph.D., hypnotherapist, published writer, and speaker specializing in reincarnation and spirituality
March 10 – Jeffrey Cohan, Executive Director of Jewish Veg and the author of The Beet-Eating Heeb
- Vegan Spirituality Online Gathering Replays - Watch all of our event replays on our Vegan Spirituality Playlist.
4th Sunday of the Month: Vegan Spirituality Online Gathering in Spanish
Join our Latin Vegan Spirituality Community! Participate in discussions, swap recipes, and receive peer support with facilitator, vegan activist Ligia Monzoni.
- Vegan Spirituality Google Hangouts in Spanish - 4th Sunday of the month at 5pm PST. To join the hangout, please email facilitator Ligia Monzoni at email@example.com.
- Translation: Llamada-Conferencia de Vegan Spirituality en Español – Cada 4to Domingo del mes, de las 5:00 p.m. a las 6:00 p.m. PST, via Gmail Hangout, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4th Thursday of the Month: Animal Activist Online Support Group
Facilitated monthly discussions with fellow activists on the fourth Thursday of every month from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PST. Discussions may address burnout, self-care, compassion fatigue, infighting, managing anger and grief, expressing needs, relating to non-activist friends and family, and other issues that activists face. Activists can participate in this free, confidential support group by phone, smart phone, or computer.
Watch one-minute videos with Sustainable Activism Tips for animal activists.
Vegan Spirituality Gatherings
Vegan Spirituality Meetups – free, monthly gatherings to explore veganism as a spiritual practice through discussions, speaker presentations, guided meditations, outings, vegan potlucks, and retreats. Find one near you on www.veganspirituality.com or contact email@example.com to start one in your area.
- Vegan Spirituality Retreat in Tallahassee, Florida in March. Features Main Street Vegan author Victoria Moran, yoga, meditation, a nature walk, vegan lunch, and an animal blessing.
- Vegan Spirituality Retreat in Los Angeles, California in early summer. Features speakers, yoga, meditation, a nature walk, vegan lunch, and an animal blessing. Details coming soon!
- Stay tuned for 2016 CompassionFest schedule…