Sustainable Activism Campaign – Upcoming Events
Weekly Self-Care Tips
Watch one-minute videos with Sustainable Activism Tips for animal activists with experts in the field of self-care like Dr. Will Tuttle, Judy Carman, Rae Sikora, and more! Follow our Sustainable Activism Playlist on YouTube.
- Anger: A Positive Force for Activists, July 11, 2pm-4:30pm PST, 9757 Delco Ave, Chatsworth, CA (private home) with Nonviolent Communication facilitator Dave Rubin
- Animal Care: Managing Compassion Fatigue & Grief, August 8, 2-4pm PST, 9757 Delco Ave, Chatsworth, CA (private home) with grief counselor Dr. Judy Scheffel
- Animal Care: Managing Compassion Fatigue & Grief, July 23, 5-6pm PST with grief counselor Dr. Judy Scheffel
- Ten Keys to Staying Positive Facing Animal Abuse, August 6, 5-6pm PST with “The World Peace Diet” author Dr. Will Tuttle
- Anger: A Positive Force for Activists, September 17, 5-6pm PST with Nonviolent Communication facilitator Dave Rubin
- Addressing Human Injustice in the Animal Rights Community, October 8, 5-6pm PST with Animal Activist Helpline Counselor Jessica Rowshandel
- Channeling Compassion into Action, with activist Charlotte Cressey.
- Beating Burnout: Sustaining Ourselves to Sustain Our Movements, with activists Dallas Rising and Dr. Paul C. Gorski. (with PowerPoint presentation)
- Vegan Spirituality Retreat in Philly, September 19, 10am-4pm, Saunders Woods, 1020 Waverly Road, Gladwyne, PA 19035 featuring Main Street Vegan author Victoria Moran, yoga, meditation, a nature walk, vegan lunch, and animal blessing
- New Haven: July 25, 2015, 10am-5pm, 1253 Whitney Ave., Hamden, CT 06517 featuring Main Street Vegan author Victoria Moran, vegan food, cruelty-free product providers, speakers, performers, and musicians
Vegan Spirituality Gatherings
- Vegan Spirituality Meetups happen monthly in many cities across the country. Members gather in person to explore veganism as a spiritual practice through discussions, speaker presentations, guided meditations, outings, vegan potlucks, and retreats. Visit www.veganspirituality.com to find one near you or contact email@example.com to start one in your area.
- Vegan Spirituality Online Gatherings happen monthly for those who live outside these areas or prefer to connect via phone or computer. Free online gatherings include guest speakers, group discussions, guided meditations, and prayers for the animals. Registration link.
- Vegan Spirituality Conference Calls in Spanish happen on the 4th Sunday of the month at 5pm PST by calling (605) 475-4000 with code 475872#. Contact facilitator Ligia Monzoni with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.