MEDIA RELEASE: In Defense of Animals Hosts a Special Event for Activists
Contact: Lisa Levinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (215) 620-2130
SAN RAFAEL, CA (January 30, 2018) – In Defense of Animals is hosting free events and providing new resources to support animal activists throughout Activist Appreciation Month. Dr. Melanie Joy, Dr. Lisa Kemmerer, Jessica Lopez and Lani Muelrath will join the animal charity as featured speakers for special events during the third annual Activist Appreciation Month, which is held every February.
“Activists need to recharge their batteries,” said In Defense of Animals President, Dr. Marilyn Kroplick. “During February, we provide emotional and spiritual tools for activists to promote resiliency and prevent burnout. This year, we are delighted to host a special online event with world-renowned author and speaker Dr. Melanie Joy.”
In Defense of Animals is featuring the following online events for activists this Activist Appreciation Month:
● Is Sexism Harming Our Activism for Animals? with Sister Species author Dr. Lisa Kemmerer on February 1 at 5 pm PST
● Liberating Animals Through Christian Vegan Advocacy with Jessica Lopez of Shepherding All God's Creatures on February 8 at 5 pm PST
● How Vegans Can Create Healthy Relationships and Communicate Effectively with Beyond Beliefs author and world-renowned speaker Dr. Melanie Joy on February 13 at 10 am PST
● Mindfulness for the Veg-Minded, Advocates and Activists with The Mindful Vegan author Lani Muelrath on February 15 at 10 am PST
● Animal Activist Online Support Group Sharing “Me Too” Stories with Sustainable Activism Campaign Director Lisa Levinson on February 22 at 5pm PST
On February 5, In Defense of Animals will launch a brand new e-counseling service to accompany its existing phone, text, and email support for activists.
Animal activists can call or text In Defense of Animals for free, confidential support at (800) 705-0425 or email email@example.com. A range of physical, emotional, and spiritual support services, including compassion fatigue and self-care, are provided at the Activist Resource List: www.idausa.org/resources.
See the full Activist Appreciation Month event program and register for the free online events at www.idausa.org/activistmonth.
### ENDS ###
In Defense of Animals is an international animal protection organization with over 250,000 supporters and a 30-year history of fighting for animals, people and the environment through education, campaigns and hands-on rescue facilities in India, Africa, and rural Mississippi.
IN DEFENSE OF ANIMALS • 3010 KERNER BLVD. • SAN RAFAEL, CA 94901 • 415-448-0048