Our success at In Defense of Animals depends upon a team of dedicated volunteers who donate their time and expertise to help animals.
We have an array of opportunities available at our headquarters in San Rafael, California; but you don't need to be based in the SF Bay Area to help animals with In Defense of Animals!
Here's just some of the ways you can volunteer from wherever you are to help animals:
- Take photographs and video of animals at zoos
- Write petitions about animals in need
- Throw a house party to raise vital funds for animals
- Become a member of our facebook team
- Sponsor a permanent resident at Hope Animal Sanctuary
- Counsel fellow animal activists on our Support Line if you have a psychology degree
- Assist our campaigners with online research and writing projects
- Create powerful graphics and video content for our communications team
- Start a Carnivores Anonymous meeting in your area
Use the form on the right-hand side of this page to apply to volunteer today!
Join our Break the Chains Outreach Team!
Our Break the Chains Campaign Director is forming an outreach team to survey veterinarians, law enforcement agencies, animal control agencies, rescue organizations, behaviorists and trainers, and other professionals about the physical injuries and emotional damage they have witnessed in dogs who have been tethered or chained. The data gathered will help our efforts to ban tethering nationwide.
Volunteers will also be needed for research and to help to increase our network of activists who stand opposed to the cruel practice of tethering dogs.
Use the form on the right-hand side of this page to apply (use Break the Chains) in the subject line.
All volunteer applications must be made using the online form. Eligible applicants will be contacted.
For any questions related to our volunteer opportunities, please contact us.
Other ways to help animals now.