Thank You for Celebrating Activist Appreciation Month with Us!
February is Activist Appreciation Month at In Defense of Animals, when we celebrate your efforts to make a difference for animals. This year, we featured special programs with timely emotional and spiritual resources for you. Access our webinar replays and resource links below.
- Is Sexism Harming Our Activism for Animals? with Sister Species: Women, Animals, and Social Justice author Dr. Lisa Kemmerer. Watch the replay here. Register for our monthly Sustainable Activism Webinars here.
- Wellness Center Sparks Vegan Advocacy with Vanessa Marsot of Ellora Wellness. Watch the replay here. Register for our monthly Vegan Spirituality Online Gatherings here.
- How Vegans Can Create Healthy Relationships and Communicate Effectively with Beyond Beliefs: A Guide to Improving Relationships and Communication for Vegans, Vegetarians, and Meat Eaters author and world-renowned speaker Dr. Melanie Joy. Watch the replay here.
- Mindfulness for the Veg-Minded, Advocates and Activists: How to Cut Through Stress, Reduce Reactivity, Build Resilience, and Restore Equanimity with The Mindful Vegan author Lani Muelrath. Watch the replay here.
- Share Your "Me Too" Stories during our Animal Activist Online Support Group with Sustainable Activism Campaign Director Lisa Levinson. Join our monthly online support group here.
Check out these specific resource pages for two popular activist topics!
Compassion Fatigue: Resources and strategies to prevent burnout
Self-Care: Alternative healing modalities to improve your health
Connect with our counselors in real-time via our online chat service: www.idausa.org/activistsupport
Access our religion-specific Advocacy Kits to help you veganize your place of worship: www.interfaithvegancoalition.org
Join our Mindfulness Retreats in San Francisco and San Diego and Activist Healing retreats in New York and London. Stay tuned for event details: www.idausa.org/events
Support Line: Free counseling, mediation, resources, and therapist referrals by phone, text, email, and online chat.
Call/text (800) 705-0425
Email [email protected]
Chat with us here.
Activist Resource List: Your one-stop shop for strategy and physical, emotional, and spiritual support. Includes a list of vegan therapists. Access our resources here.
Monthly Webinars and Support Groups: Register for our online events and watch our replays here.
Access our Activist Appreciation Month resources from last year, featuring Hope for Animals Summit replays, activist self-care tips, featured activist stories, an activist award, and a downloadable activist organizer here.
We want you to be sustainable activists! Tell us what support services you need at [email protected]. We value your ideas. Reach out to us today!