Activist Appreciation Month 2022
We celebrated Activist Appreciation Month this February with special programs to show how much we appreciate your activism for animals! Visit our Instagram story album for activist spotlights featuring key activists from each of our campaigns and sanctuaries.
We offered a dream Valentine’s giveaway to the plant-based eco-resort Stanford Inn by the Sea on the Mendocino coast, mini-grants to activists in Asia fighting to end the dog meat trade, a Goose Savior Award to a long-time goose activist, and more!
Enjoy our activist spotlights on our Instagram story album.
We posted activist tributes to honor founder of Tongan Animal Welfare Society, Angela Glover, grandfather of non-profit law, Tom Sik, and peace activist Thich Nhat Hanh.
This Valentine’s Day, we teamed up with The Stanford Inn By the Sea Resort, North America’s premier plant-based eco-lodge & retreat center, to giveaway the ultimate getaway of a lifetime - for two - in honor of Activist Appreciation Month! Overlooking California’s picturesque Mendocino Bay, The Stanford Inn offers exquisite opportunities to reconnect with one another and nature, enjoy delicious plant-based foods, and you can even bring your animal companion along for the adventure!
- Lodging for two adults including an animal companion (optional) at The Stanford Inn by the Sea Resort featuring wood burning fireplaces and views over the extensive gardens and farm out to Mendocino Bay.
- Dinner for two both nights at the Inn’s Ravens Restaurant, the Stanford Inn’s award-winning plant-based restaurant (alcohol and gratuities not included)
- An animal companion is included.
- Big River California’s longest undeveloped estuary by canoe or kayak
- Mountain Bike through Big River State Park and along coast backroads
- Breakfast at Ravens Restaurant specializing in sustainable, organic gourmet cuisine (alcohol and gratuities not included)
WINNER: Cathy Milovina received our Valentine's Giveaway on February 14th. Major congrats to Cathy & her pup!
We awarded mini-grants to two groups fighting to end the dog meat trade in Asia:
- Pawsome Angels in Cambodia
- Fe Calipay Sanctuary in the Philippines
Goose Savior Award
We presented our first-ever Goose Savior Award to Betty Butler for her outstanding long-time activism to rescue, rehabilitate, and protect geese and swans.
Activist Support Group
Animal activists from around the world joined us for our monthly online support group on February 24. You can still join us for support after Activist Appreciation Month! Please join us on the 4th Thursday of the month from 5 to 6 pm Pacific Time. Receive support from fellow animal advocates who understand your values. Register here to get the Zoom login details and event reminders by email.
Check out these specific resource pages for two popular activist topics!
Compassion Fatigue: Resources and strategies to prevent burnout
Self-Care: Alternative healing modalities to improve your health
Connect with our counselors by phone, email, text, or online chat: www.idausa.org/activistsupport
Access our religion-specific Vegan Advocacy Kits to help you veganize your place of worship: www.interfaithvegancoalition.org
Join our monthly support group and find helpful webinars to practice sustainable activism: www.idausa.org/events
Support Line: Free counseling, mediation, resources, and therapist referrals by phone, text, email, and online chat.
Call/text (800) 705-0425
Chat with us here.
We want you to be sustainable activists! Tell us what support services you need at email@example.com. We value your ideas. Reach out to us today!